Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fashionable & Functional

Functional
operational: in good working order, serving a purpose

Fashionable
currently popular, trendy

Sometimes those two words don't go together.  For instance...

 
The Shirt Clip

 
Breakaway Pants
 
Platform Shoes
 
These things don't say fashionable or functional but at one time in history they did.  Thank goodness we can learn from our past...ahhmmm.

As the lady of the house and a artist at heart I love to decorate my home.  Since I also have a husband and 3 boys I want fashion with function so I am not stuck cleaning all day on a nice summer day or cold winter day for that matter.  One thing I do is to use rugs.  Throw rugs.  It has been documented that when a person comes to a mat at a door they will wipe their feet most times.  If you will put a rug outside the door and inside the door most people will even wipe twice!  It works, I have seen it, I have done it.

Back door.

 
Inside and outside my front door.


Try it and see if it works!
================================================================
Linked up with
Raising Homemakers
Walking Redeemed
day2day joys
frugally sustainable
WFMW
Our Simple Farm
Raising Arrows
Deep Roots at Home
Wisdom Wednesday
Hope in Every Season
Jills Home Remedies
Raising Mighty Arrows
Graced Simplicity
Home Acre
Family Fun Friday
Thursday Favorite Things
A Delightsome Life
Live Called
Womanhood with Purpose
Let this Mind Be in You
Whatever Weekend
Farmgirl Friday
Simple Natural Saturdays
Let's Get Social Sunday

10 comments:

  1. LOL Oh dear! :-) Those were all popular when I was growing up! Love it! I used those shirt ties all the time. HAHAHAHA!! Visiting from Thrive at Home Thursday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree branch one. My momma taught me to use nothing ugly if there is a pretty alternative--fashionable/functional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love momma's like that! Hope I am also one to be said so well of ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi
    I'm co hosting at Katherine's Corner Hop this week and came by to say Hello. Thanks for linking up today.
    Best
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. I remember them all well :) Thanks for joining us at the Let's Get Social Sunday link party. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post - you know, it is true - I have added a mat indoors and have noted and thankfully, that visitors will wipe their feet twice! So delighted you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the shirt clips. Our mats are sort of ignored. :/ Maybe I need prettier ones. Thank you for linking up to the HomeAcre Hop! We'd love to have you back today. New hop just went live: http://blackfoxhomestead.com/the-homeacre-hop/the-homeacre-hop-23-a-fun-giveaway-and-the-arrival-of-the-chickens/

    ReplyDelete