The plants and trees all bow their heads,
Brown and wilted, left for dead.
The river runs, not pure or clean.
Instead it's blue that's tainted green.
The clouds roll slowly through the sky,
Polluting air as they drift by.
(Parts from the Lorax)
Today we are just going to begin to talk about cleaning. Today we are just going to list the major players of the game. Tomorrow we will look at some products out there and what is in them and more importantly how they are rated for our health by Environmental Working Group.
If you walk down any cleaning isle in any store what is the first thing you notice? The smell right? Some places it's enough to knock you over! The second thing you notice is the variety of products to choose from. There are products to wash bathroom counter tops, ones to clean kitchen counter tops, how about one for wiping the top of the stove. Wait, you simply must have 6 different mopping options depending on the scent you feel like for the day. There really is only several options you need, they are chemical free and they are cheap. And I mean cheap on the pocket book not cheap in power!
- Vinegar - Molds, grease, and bacteria are no match for the cleaning power of vinegar. But why is this? When an acid (vinegar) is applied to grease, it breaks it down quickly. It kills 99% of all surface bacteria. So why do you need 3 different counter top cleaners?
- Baking Soda - Neutralizes orders. Add soap and you have instant soft scrub. Used with a toothbrush and vinegar it makes a great grout scrub.
- Bon Ami - The original green cleaner before there was a category.
- Eucalyptus essential oil - It is known now for its use in inhalants and vapor rubs, and as a household disinfectant and cleaner. What better way to get the best of both worlds. Clean and fresh smell! Do not use if pregnant, try Basil essential oil instead.
- Seventh Generation dish soap - Plant based while using essential oils. Is also non-toxic while cutting grease.
- Bar of soap - Please note it says bar of soap not beauty bar. FYI most "soap" from the store are actually labeled as beauty bars because they are NOT soap.
This picture shows my eucalyptus oil from Brambleberry because I get some soap supplies there. However the best place that I have found to order essential oils from for cleaning is Diana's Sugar Plum Sundries. If you order please, please mention my name Angela Czepinski at Hen & Chicks Blog.
I tried people. I really tried. My camera broke. Trying to use a webcam when you can not move and everything you do or show is backwards is hard. I attempted another video and well... here it is not for any educational purposes but for humor and humility.
Clearly reasons why you should have a script.
Linked up with ~
Raising Mighty Arrows
Jill's Home Remedies
Upside Down Homeschooling
Like Mama~Like Daughter
The Humble Kitchen